DISCOVERING A NEW JAPAN
Luxury tour company, The Real Japan, has launched the ‘Travel Volunteer project’, a worldwide online contest for participants to win a 100 day trip to Japan. The journey will begin on 15 September throughout Japan’s 47 prefectures where the selected winner will share his/her impressions through a dedicated travel blog and via social networks. All travel and accommodation expenses including international airfares will be covered by the project.
To mark the final day of the trip on Christmas eve, the volunteer will dress up as Santa Claus and deliver gifts to displaced children in the Tohoku region. This non-profit initiative is an effort to revive the nation’s travel business and tourism industry after the March earthquakes devastated areas in northern Japan including Iwate, Miyagi and Fukushima.
All interested candidates and sponsors to this non-profit initiative can apply via http://travelvolunteer.net/ by 31 July.
To qualify, you must:
- Be 21 years old or above (as of 31st July 2011)
- Be able to enter Japan on 12th September 2011 for the Final Selection Process
- Be fluent in English (Reading, Writing, Listening, Speaking)
- Have a good health condition
- Have never lived in Japan before
- Agree with the concept and understand the main purpose of Travel Volunteer – reporting the real situation of Japan to the world through the official Travel Volunteer blog
Other posts that may interest you:
Leave A Reply
Please login to comment and rate an article