Mum’s peanut butter pie
You’ll feel like a kid with this lighthearted dessert. Dress it up with delicate dollops of whipped cream and a sprig of mint.
Serves 8 Prep time 20 minutes
Cook Time 10 minutes + 2 hours chill time
300g crushed Oreo cookie crumbs (or other chocolate sandwich cookies), finely ground
60ml melted butter
250ml creamy peanut butter
225g cream cheese
250ml heavy whipping cream
225g granulated sugar
60ml butter, melted
1 tsp vanilla extract
• To make crust, crush cookies in food processor or by hand into small, course grains. Reserve a small amount for garnish.
• Combine cookie crumbs with melted butter in a bowl, mixing well.
• With fingers, press crumbs evenly in the bottom and up the sides of a 9-inch round pie pan. Smooth the crust surface with the back of a spoon.
• Brown crust in 180°C oven for 5 to 10 minutes. Let cool.
• To make filling, fold all ingredients together, incorporating fully until creamy and smooth.
• Spread filling evenly on pie crust, smoothing out the surface.
• Sprinkle reserved cookie crumbs on surface.
• Refrigerate for at least 2 hours to set.