Tomato bruschetta with anchovies and basil
Serves 4 Prep time 15 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
7 ripe Roma tomatoes, with a small ‘X’ incision cut on the bottom of each bruschetta mix
4 tbsp white onions, finely diced
50g green pitted olives
50g black Lalamata olive
pinch salt and freshly cracked pepper
30g canned anchovies
1 tbsp chopped basil
1tbsp olive oil
1 clove garlic, halved
15 slices herb flat bread, toasted till crisp
1 tbsp green olives, chopped
1 red onion, thinly sliced
- Combine all the ingredients for the bruschetta mix well, season and set aside.
- Heat a pot of water to the boil, turn off the heat, add in the tomatoes and let sit in the hot water for 12 seconds.
- Drain off the water, cool the tomatoes for 3 minutes, peel off their skins and deseed.
- Cut the tomatoes to 1cm by 1cm cubes.
- Combine the bruschetta ingredients together with the tomatoes in a bowl.
- Rub the garlic glove over the toasted bread and top with tomatoes, bruschetta mix, chopped green olives and sliced onions.