Roasted champagne pork rack stuffed with white peach-cranberry-pineapple
Serves 6-8 Prep time 10 minutes
Cook time 1 hour 15 minutes
2.5kg pork rack
pinch rock salt and freshly cracked
2 tbsp thyme leaves, chopped
4 tbsp melted butter
2 tbsp olive oil
white peach-cranberry-pineapple chutney
1 white onion, diced
3 white peaches, finely diced
3 tbsp cranberries, soaked in whisky
½ fresh pineapple
1 cup white wine
1 cup Champagne
200g blanched buttered garden vegetables
2 tbsp unsalted butter
- Marinate the pork rack with rock salt, freshly cracked black peppercorns, sumac, thyme leaves and 2 tbsp of melted butter.
- Heat up a pot with oil, pan-sear the pork rack for 3 minutes on each side till golden brown. Then, roast the pork rack in a preheated oven of 165°C for 40 minutes. Let it cool for 20 minutes. Meanwhile, pour the jus from the roast pork rack into a pot and add in remaining 2 tbsp of butter.
- Heat up a pan with oil, fry the onion till fragrant, add in the peach, cranberry and pineapple and fry for 3-5 minutes.
- Then, deglaze with white wine and Champagne and let it simmer for 6-8 minutes or until the mixture thickens.
- Serve the pork rack with the buttered vegetables, chutney and jus.