Grape paste served with cheese
Prep time 8 minutes
Cook time 45 minutes to 1 hour
1kg green table grapes – washed and removed from stalks
60g castor sugar
1 cinnamon quill
• In a food processor, blend the grapes and sugar for about 1 minute, until a juicy pulp is achieved.
• Pour this pulp into a stainless steel saucepan and add the cinnamon quill.
• Bring to the boil and turn the heat to medium-low so as to simmer the pulp. Simmer for approximately 45 minutes, stirring constantly to avoid any burning on floor of the pan.
• Remove from the heat when the colour of the pulp is golden caramel-like and the texture is thick and jam-like. Pour into small round cups or moulds and set in the refrigerator overnight.
• When required, remove from the moulds, turn out and serve with your favourite cheese. Particularly delicious with any mild blue cheese such as Blue Castello or Bresse Bleu.