Filet mignon in red wine jus with baby garden vegetables
Prep time 10 minutes
Cook time 15 minutes
250g Migon fillet, tied around the middle with butcher string
pinch rock salt and freshly cracked black pepper
1 cup red wine
2 tbsp unsalted butter
buttered baby garden vegetables
50g baby carrots, peeled and pre-blanched
50g baby turnip, peeled and pre-blanched
50g U.S asparagus, peeled and pre-blanched
80g red cherry tomatoes
4 tbsp unsalted butter
pinch salt and freshly cracked black pepper
1 bowl boiled potatoes, seasoned with salt, pepper and melted butter
- Marinate the mignon fillet with rock salt, black pepper, red wine and butter overnight in a fridge.
- Drain off the liquid from marinate in a bowl, and season the fillet with rock salt and pepper.
- Heat up a grill pan, and sear the beef on all sides till golden brown.
- Place fillet onto a baking tray and roast in a preheated oven of 175˚C for 8 minutes. Let it rest in the oven for 5 minutes.
- Using the same pan, deglaze the red wine marinate and bring to a boil. Whisk in butter until it slightly thickens.
- Lightly sauté all vegetables with salt, pepper and butter in a separate pan.
- Serve with beef, potatoes and jus.