Sichuan chilli mala pork
This Southwest Chinese dish is specked with enough mouth-numbing pepper to make your tongue dance.
BURN FACTOR: 4.5/5
Serves 4 Prep time 15 minutes + one-week marination
Cook time 25 minutes
rice wine chilli
2 cups rice wine
2 tbsp toasted Sichuan pepper
2 tbsp toasted Sichuan pepper powder
100g fresh chilli padi, sliced into half
120g chilli pepper, roughly blended
3 tbsp sesame oil
1 tbsp sugar
1 tbsp salt
3 tbsp chilli oil
65g garlic, chopped
4 tbsp chilli pepper flakes
4 cups pork stock
1kg pork belly slices
• Combine all rice wine chilli ingredients in a glass jar. Refrigerate for a week before using.
• Heat up a pot with chilli oil, fry the garlic and chilli flakes till fragrant.
• Add in the pork stock and simmer for 15 minutes. Then, add in half of the rice wine chilli. Bring to a boil again.
• Add in the pork slices to cook for 2–3 minutes; do not overcook.
• Serve the pork slices warm with rice and rice wine chilli as a dip.