The dryness of the cocoa powder coating defies the creaminess of these little balls of chocolate heaven, and the marshmallow adds an indecipherable and satisfying, almost-gooey mouth feel. To add more flavour, use dark mint chocolate instead.
Serves 8 Prep time 20 minutes plus cool time
Cook time 10 minutes plus chill time
250g dark chocolate (Lindt or other high quality brand)
250g milk chocolate (Lindt or other high quality brand)
½ cup heavy cream
100g plain marshmallows
40g unsalted butter
¼ cup plain cocoa powder (to coat)
• In a double boiler, gently melt the chocolates and blend to form a semisweet chocolate. Add heavy cream and blend until fully incorporated.
• Melt the marshmallows and fold into the chocolate until fully incorporated for a uniform brown colour.
• Add butter to chocolate and gently stir until melted and fully incorporated for a nice sheen to the surface.
• Cool the chocolate mixture until a soft clay texture that is solid enough to roll.
• Divide the firm chocolate and roll into 3cm diameter balls (use a melon ball scoop to ensure equal sizes).
• On a flat plate, pour cocoa powder and gently roll the individual balls in it to create an even coating of powder.
• Chill in refrigerator (can even freeze very slightly) to firm them before serving.