Tiger prawn, scallop and mussel tart
Breakfast / Brunch
A seafood tart this creamy, juicy and flavourful calls for generous portions and friends with appreciative stomachs.
Prep time 10 minutes
Cook time 15 minutes
2 white onions, diced
50g leeks. sliced
1 tbsp minced garlic
150g tiger prawns
100g fresh scallops
120g fresh mussels
2 cups white wine
2 tbsp pickled ginger, chopped
3 cups double cream
40g unsalted butter
100g fine beans, blanched
50g flat peas or sweet peas, blanched
• Heat up a pan with olive oil. Fry the onions, leeks and garlic to fragrant.
• Add in the prawns, scallops and mussels and deglaze with white wine. Add in the pickled ginger and cream, and let it simmer.
• Season to taste and finish off with butter.
• Top the seafood with cream into the pate brisee pie (see recipe) casting and bake it in a preheated oven at 185°C for 5 minutes.
• Garnish with fine beans and sweet pesa.