Ahi tuna with dark chocolate shavings on olive crust
An unlikely pair that works, the combination of sweet, savoury and salty flavour profiles will whet the palate for more.
Prep time 10 minutes
Cook time 45 minutes
120g fresh tuna slice
12 small black olives
55g fine beans, pre-blanched
65g cherry tomatoes
pinch salt and freshly crackled bell pepper
2 tsp white truffle oil
Olive flan pastry
2 tbsp good black olive paste
20ml cold water
• Combine the flour and butter together in a mixer and mix using a hook. Add the rest of the ingredients and mix well. Roll out the olive flan pastries to a 3cm thickness. Using a knife, cut out a reticular and chill it in the fridge for half an hour.
• Lightly grease and flour the 24cm baking tin. Place the pastry over it as shown and prick it with a fork. Layer it into the tin and make some thumb print.
• Pre-heat the oven at 200 C°. Lightly pre-bake the dough for 3 minutes until it is half-cooked.
• Lay fresh tuna, pre-blanched fine bean, tomatoes and olives onto the pastry. Season with salt, pepper and truffle oil.
• Bake it or flash it in the oven for 2 minutes at 235 C°. Shave some dark chocolate over it before serving.