Deep-fried lobster with butter and pomelo
Prep time 10 minutes
Cook time 15 minutes
10ml orange juice
20ml carnation milk
20g red pomelo flesh, shredded
- Place orange juice, carnation milk and butter into a pot, and cook till the butter melts. Add pomelo flesh and about 50ml of Thai chilli sauce from the previous recipe (Deep-fried Marble Goby with Pomelo) into the sauce. Mix them and set aside.
200g lobster, de-shelled with tail intact
salt, to taste
1 egg, beaten
10g enoki mushrooms
10g mixed salad
- Lightly dust the lobster with salt. Dip the lobster into the beaten egg and coat it with flour.
- In a wok, heat up the oil till it sizzles. Deep-fry the lobster till it turns golden brown. Remove and drain excess oil.
- Coat the enoki mushrooms with flour and deep-fry them till they turn golden brown. Remove, drain and lightly salt the mushrooms.
- Plate the lobster and drizzle the butter sauce over it. Add mushrooms on top, place the mixed salad on the side and serve.