Serves 2 Prep time 15 minutes + overnight soak time
Cook time 45 minutes
50g dried scallops
300ml chicken stock
100g egg tagliatelle
2 tbsp olive oil
20g garlic, chopped
20g shallots, chopped
20g salted seaweed
salt and pepper, to taste
5g spring onions, finely chopped
- Rehydrate the scallops in warm water. Leave covered at room temperature overnight. Drain before use.
- Combine rehydrated scallops and chicken stock in a pot, bring to a boil and let simmer for 20 minutes. Leave scallops to infuse in the pot, straining only when stock is required.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to boil. Cook tagliatelle to half the cooking time stated on the package (the pasta will continue to cook in stock for a richer, fuller flavour). Drain and reserve.
- Ensure crabmeat is free from shell bits. Warm olive oil in a large sauté pan. Cook garlic and shallots lightly till golden brown. Add crabmeat and salted seaweed. Sauté over medium heat for 1-2 minutes.
- Strain reserved stock directly into the pan and add reserved pasta. Bring up to a boil and cover. Finish cooking the pasta in stock, covered, until the remaining stated cooking time or until you reach your desired texture.
- Season with salt and pepper, then garnish with spring onions.