Turbot ceviche with pineapple-radish salsa
If there is a near effortless way for your food to make a splash at a party, this is it. Here, the South American inspired staple is given a zesty lift through the use of sour sweet calamansi.
Serves 2 Prep time 30 minutes
200g turbot fillet
2 green limes
1 sprig coriander root
½ ripened honey pineapple
1 tbsp white onions, finely diced
2 tsp coriander leaves, finely chopped
1 tbsp white wine vinegar
pinch salt and pepper
½ red chilli
3 tbsp sugar syrup
1 cup petite mesclun
• Slice the turbot fillet into 2 cm slice thickness and set aside.
• Squeeze the juice of the green limes into a small bowl. Slice the shallots thinly and chop the coriander root till fine. Set aside.
• Mix the turbot slices with lime juice, shallots and coriander root. Let fillet marinate in the juice for 20-30 minutes.
• To make the pineapple-radish salsa: Peel and core the pineapple then cut into 1 cm by 1 cm cubes. Combine all the ingredients with white wine vinegar. Season and set aside.
• To make the lemon-calamansi-chilli glaze: Dice and de-seed the red chilli. Using a microplane, grate the lemon and calamansis for its skin, then squeeze out all the juice in a small bowl. Combine the juice, grated lemon and lime skins, chilli and sugar syrup together.
• Serve the fillet in a glass with pineapple-radish salsa and lemoncalamansi- chili glaze. Garnish with petite mesclun.