Braised Ibérico pork cheek and vegetable fricassée
Prep time 20 minutes
Cook time 2 hours 15 minutes
10g baby carrots
160g ibérico pork cheek, divided into 2 (available from Indoguna)
salt and pepper, to taste
1 tbsp olive oil
100ml red wine
500ml chicken stock
- Blanch the vegetables except the mushrooms in a pot of boiling water. Add salt if desired. Cool the vegetables in an ice bath and set aside.
- Season the pork cheeks with salt and pepper. Add oil into the pan and sear the pork cheeks till they turn golden brown.
- Dust the pork cheeks with flour, add red wine into the pan, and reduce the wine.
- Add chicken stock, cover pan with a lid, and let it simmer for about 2 hours.
- After two hours, check to make sure the pork cheeks are fork tender. Then add the mushrooms and cooked vegetables into the pan and braise for another 2 minutes. Serve.