Braised chipotle beef meatballs by J's Restaurant
Serves 2 as a main meal; or 4 as an appetiser
Prep time 20 minutes Cook time 1 hour
25g fresh bread crumbs 25g
25ml whole milk
400g ground beef
20gm chopped parsley
½tsp dry oregano 0.5 tsp
1 chopped sautéed onions 1 no.
1 chopped sautéed garlic 2 cloves
salt & pepper to taste
- Mix breadcrumbs with milk, add to cold ground beef.
- Add rest of meatball ingredients and mix thoroughly.
- Roll into 8 x 50gm balls and brown in hot cast iron pan until evenly brown and medium rare.
2 cloves chopped garlic
3-4 sprigs rosemary
2 bay leaf
500ml canned chopped tomatoes
1-2tsp chipotle paste
500ml chicken stock
- Sweat onions and garlic over low heat until soft.
- Tie rosemary, thyme and bay leaf together with string and sauté in garlic and onion mixture.
- To a braising pot, add in canned tomatoes, chipotle paste and meatballs and add in enough chicken stock to cover meatballs.
- Season to taste.
- Put a lid on and braise at 150°C for 1 hour.
- Serve with sour cream, grated parmesan, extra virgin olive oil, chopped cilantro and fried corn tortillas.